Monday, November 24, 2008

My semi-famous fudge

My mom taught me this recipe, that she got from a can of condensed milk once, and now every holiday I'm the designated fudge maker. It's really easy to make.

Ingredients:
1 can condensed milk
1 1/2-2 bags Milk Chocolate Chips (or semi sweet if you prefer)
1 bag of chopped walnuts (or any nuts you prefer)
1 tablespoon of vanilla (optional, sometimes I forget to add this, but you probably won't notice if you do)
Aluminum foil or wax paper

Directions:
1.In a double boiler, put the chocolate chips and let them melt. Add in the condensed milk to help with this and stir until melted and combined.

2. Add the nuts and stir completely. You can also add the vanilla now if you're using it.

3. Pour the mixture into a pan lined with aluminum foil or wax paper. Spread evenly.

4. Put in the refrigerator or freezer until hard.

5. Peel off wax paper or aluminum foil and cut into squares

6. Enjoy!

This fudge is pretty rich, so I would suggest cutting small or medium sized pieces. Leave it out for a while to allow it to soften a bit and become easier to eat. You can leave it out in an airtight container if you want, or store it in the refrigerator.

So my secret is out. I hope you enjoy it!

If you liked this post, click the picture to buy me a Hershey bar!

1 comment:

Rachele Bennett said...

I love fudge. Thanks for a quick and easy recipe.

PS my word verification was faties, lol

hit count
Charter Cable Internet