Saturday, November 22, 2008

Too dark to tattoo?

I remember when I got my first tattoos. I went to the shop a few times to talk to the artists before I got it. I wanted the Eye of Horus and an Ankh because I love anything egyptian, and well...they stood for wisdom and eternal life. How cool is that? I had this great idea of having my tattoos outlined in black, but filled in or shaded in purple. The guy working there told me because of my skin tone (aka because I'm black) that color wouldn't show up well on me and would eventually turn a icky muddy brown or grey color after it healed. I decided to get mine done in all black, and as it turns out, I loved them! I loved my tattoo artist's idea of shading them instead of filling them in all the way too. I had no clue what that meant, but he said he'd shade them for me and if I didn't like it then he would fill them in completely. I loved what he did so I didn't get them filled in all of the way. I guess that's a common problem with some black people though. I know some people worry about if lighter colors would even show up on their skin. I'm not even that dark either. As you can see on my other blog, I'm somewhere between caramel and milk chocolate lol.

I ran across this posting of another black girl asking about tattooing. Apparently doing color isn't as hard as it seems.

Expert: The GYPSY - Professional Tattoo Artist and Body PiercerDate: 3/24/2004

Subject: Milk chocolate colored skin Question. Thanks, in advance, for your
time.

FACTS:I am a black girl with skin that is aproximately the color of a kit kat bar. I don't like sunlight, so I'm always about this shade. I want a colorful backpiece that represents my love of the differences between the seasons.

QUESTIONS:What kinds of colors will show up best? How will healing affect the final results? How do I find an artist that specializes in my skin type? Do you know of any?Again, your time is valued, and greatly appreciated.

Cayenne Moody :o)

Answer
Cayenne,


Chocolate Brown skin is not as diffulcult as some people think to tattoo. There are just a few thinks to remember.... Dark skin has a tendency to Keloid so the artist you choose must be familur with this problem so that they know and understand the correct needle depths. When deciding on your colors stay with Darker colors such as Blues, Reds, Greens and Purples. Your darker skin tone will show through the lighter colors such as Orange, Yellow and White. Deepending on how dark your skin is sometimes using a deep uncut purple is better for your outline than using black. The darker the skin the greener black looks in the skin. Deep uncut purple seems to appear black in real dark skin. Make sure your artist uses a wider line as thin lines are hard to see in dark skinned people. The artist that you need to look for is any qualified, licensed, professional artist with years of experience. If you would like an idea of what to look for in an artist or studio you can visit my FAQ page at http://www.ubtat2d.com/faq.htmlI hope this has been of some help to you. If I can be of any further assistance please let me know.

-The
GYPSY-www.ubtat2d.com

Post taken from: http://en.allexperts.com/q/Tattoos-3028/Milk-chocolate-colored-skin.htm


I guess it all just depends on the tattoo artist.
If you liked this post, click the picture to buy me a Hershey bar!

No comments:

hit count
Charter Cable Internet